Frequently asked questions
- How are you practicing physical distancing?
- We are serving one individual or family at a time, staying at least 2m away.
- We are not admitting the public into our garage space. All sales are done "curb-side", respecting physical distancing.
- Please, if you are ill, do not visit us. You can read more about physical distancing at Ottawa Public Health's website.
- How can I pay?
We accept cash or you can pay by e-transfer.
- What happens if something goes wrong with a bike I buy from you?
We evaluate problems on a case-by-case basis up to thirty days after your purchase. We will generally fix a problem if it's something we overlooked. As a shop staffed by volunteers, this can sometimes happen. We won't fix problems due to wear-and-tear after purchase or because of misuse. We want you to be happy with your purchase and will do our best to make it happen.
- Will you fix my bicycle? No, we are not a bike repair shop. For a $5/hour fee everyone is welcome to use our space and tools to fix up their own bike and a mechanic will help and advise, but you do the work. DIY is subject to availability to due to a low number of volunteers. Please contact us in advance if you want to do some DIY.
- Can I trade in my bicycle or give credit for donated bicycles? No, we do not offer trades or credit.
- Will you buy my bicycle? No. We get all of our stock through donations.
- I need a part for my bike. Do you have it? Please contact us if you're interested in a part. We'll make sure we have it and have it ready for you when you visit.
- Do you rent bicycles? No, we don't rent bicycles.